Hi all, I had some requests to show how I played “O Come All Ye Faithful,” (click here for the video performance) so I prepared a video tutorial (scroll down) and charts.
In addition to specific chords and melodic elements of my arrangement, I also touch on these piano concepts:
- Secondary Dominants – chords outside the key that temporarily establish a new “home” chord,
- Chord voicings that omit add sevenths and leave out the bass note for a cleaner sound,
- Altered chords, like minor-4 and even a flat-9 chord!
- Rhythm technique involving alternating thumbs
Here’s what we have for chart downloads:
- Chords in A-flat major (same as the performance video)
- Chords in F major (lower vocal range, recommended key for congregational use)
- Chords using a numbering system for use in any key (more of a Nashville-style chart)
You can download all three charts by clicking here.
I wish you a peaceful Advent season; O come, Emmanuel.